Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions outline what we can expect from you and what you, the client, can expect from us. This is to ensure that best business practice is followed and that your rights are respected as are ours.
Photography Session Terms and Conditions
At Cadam Photography we want all of our clients to have fun and enjoy the experience of having a photo shoot. These terms make clear to you our promise and what you can expect from our service.
COPYRIGHT The 1998 Copyright, Designs and Patents Act assigns copyright to Cadam Photography. The Client understands it is prohibited by law to sell, reproduce, scan, use in advertising or alter the finished images in any way without written permission of Cadam Photography. Upon payment the Client is granted licence to view, display and print for personal use, images acknowledged as work by Cadam Photography. A licence will be provided upon completion.
PRIVACY Cadam Photography will store your name and address details on a private internal database. These details will not be made available to third parties. Should you wish to have your details removed from our database, please advise us in writing. Cadam Photography will always grant you exclusivity on sharing your finished photos, additionally will always ask your permission to publicly share any of your photos on our sites.
CREATIVE LICENCE Cadam Photography’s judgement on photographic style and the number of photographs taken shall be deemed correct. Some photographs may not be possible due to changes of the weather and the availability and willingness of subjects. Cadam Photography will do their best to honour requested photographs but do not undertake to guarantee any specific picture nor incorporate any specific background, location or group arrangement. Cadam Photography reserves the creative rights to edit and release only those images deemed creditable as professional in quality and within the photographer’s artistic standards, as such, all images taken may not be available for viewing.
PAYMENT The Client under this agreement shall be responsible for reasonable legal fees and costs of collection of any unpaid and overdue amounts payable to Cadam Photography. The Client agrees that no photographs, digital or prints, will be delivered until full payment is received. Usage rights granted become valid only upon payment in full. Failure to make payment waives all licence rights of the Client and fully empowers the copyright holder, Cadam Photography to fully use images at their discretion, excluding commercial sale.
BOOKING FEE If applicable, upon receipt of the Booking Fee, Cadam Photography will reserve the time and date agreed upon, and will not make other reservations for that time and date. For this reason, the Booking Fee of £20 (unless other amount stated) is non-refundable with less than 7 days notice, even if the date is changed or the shoot is cancelled for any reason; including acts of God, fire, strike and/or extreme weather. The Booking fee is to be paid at time of booking. The Booking Fee is applied towards the agreed photography package. The Client understands and agrees that the entire amount owed is due before the final photos can be released to the Client.
VOUCHERS Cadam Photography will honour any discount from a voucher deemed valid and authentic. The discount shall not exceed the amount stated on the voucher nor should the booking exceed the specified date. Only one (1) postponement is permitted outside the expiry date, after which full package price is chargeable. Only one voucher to be applied in any single session.
COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE We value any feedback you may have, positive or negative, so we may improve our service. Please address any complaints to Cadam Photography by email or telephone as per our contact details. We will endeavour to respond to any complaint within 2 working days of receipt.
CANCELLATION AND POSTPONEMENT The client reserves the right to cancel an appointment at any time. However the Booking Fee (if applicable) will be forfeited unless the cancellation is outside the notice period. Should the cancelled appointment turn out to be a postponement, then, subject to the Cadam Photography’s availability, any monies paid may be applied to the new appointment. If the appointment has to be cancelled by the Client or Cadam Photography due to adverse weather conditions a new, mutually agreed appointment will be made.
COMPLETION SCHEDULE Digital processing takes approximately one (1) to two (2) week(s). Photographs will be provided to the Client on a CD/USB or by other means as agreed no more than twenty-eight (28) days after the Portrait Session. Extra allowance must be made for funds to clear if payment is made by cheque. Completion time for weddings may vary as specified in the contract. Typical time frame is four (4) to six (6) weeks for digital proofing. Extra time must be allowed for any prints ordered.
FORCE MAJEURE In the unlikely event of total photographic equipment failure, injury or sickness beyond Cadam Photography's control, their liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies paid. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Terms of Sale
Cadam Photography facilitates your purchase of Photos, Prints, Canvases, Albums and/or other products through its relationship with the photography studio's photo lab partners. If you purchase photos, prints, canvases, albums and/or other products through the photography studios online store, you acknowledge that the printing of any Photos or creates of other physical medium Products is performed by such vendors and the photography studio's role is to assist, facilitate and support such order process pursuant to these Terms of Sale.
1. Pricing; Payment Terms In order to purchase Products through the Cadam Photography's online store, you are required to provide valid payment information as required by the online store. Cadam Photography may terminate your order for products if we are unable to process your payment information and you do not provide an alternative form of payment upon the photography studio's request.
You agree to reimburse the photography studio for any and all costs incurred in collecting amounts owed by you to the photography studio or a photography studio photo lab partner, including, without limitation, legal fees and costs of collection agencies.
You are responsible for any taxes that you are obligated to pay or that the photography studio may collect from you in connection with your purchase of products. If you do not pay the sales or other taxes or fees on a transaction, you will be responsible for the taxes or fees in the event they are later determined to be payable on the sale, and Cadam Photography reserves the right to collect the taxes or other related fees from you at any time.
2. Photo Downloads; Shipping Terms and Policies If you purchase photo download or it was included in your contract, such download will be made available to you through the Services upon the photography studio's receipt of your valid Payment Information.
If you purchase photo prints, canvases, albums or other physical medium products, the photography studio will use its commercially reasonable efforts (and the photography studio's photo lab partner will use commercially reasonable efforts) to ship all orders for such products within the estimated delivery time applicable to various methods of shipping available at the time you place your order. Cadam Photography cannot be held responsible for any delays in delivery.
Delivery charges will be included in your shopping cart and can be viewed on a summary screen prior to finalising your order.
3. Return Policy Cadam Photography guarantees your satisfaction with any products that you purchase through Cadam Photography's online gallery. If you are unsatisfied with any photos, prints, canvases, albums and/or other products you have purchased through the photography studio, we will gladly accept the return of any product you have ordered for any reason within thirty (30) days of your receipt of the product. Upon completion of the return procedure and receipt of the returned Product, we will resend you the product or issue you a full refund of the purchase price paid for such Product, whichever you prefer.
We do not provide refunds for your original shipping cost unless your order is physically defective in some manner. If you are unsatisfied with a product that is not in a physical medium form (i.e., a digital download), then upon your request, we may issue you a full refund of the purchase price paid for such Product at our discretion depending on the circumstances. To request a refund or replacement for any Product, please contact Cadam Photography at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact your credit card company to dispute a charge before contacting Cadam Photography.
4. Product Availability and Pricing Cadam Photography or Cadam Photography's photo lab partners may revise or discontinue product options at any time without prior notice, and products may be come unavailable. All prices are subject to change without notice. Price changes will not affect those that have already placed deposits or orders.
5. Product Descriptions; Pricing; Errors Cadam Photography strives to maintain accurate information in the online store and to eliminate any errors. However, we do not warrant that product descriptions, photos, prints, canvases, albums and/or other product pricing or other photography studio materials are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. In addition, all weights and size dimensions are approximate. While we make reasonable efforts to accurately display all details of our product offerings, including the applicable colour and/or brightness, please note that the actual colour and/or brightness you will see for a photo depends on the settings of your computer screen and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display all photo colours.
The photography studio or the photography studio's Vendor reserves the right to format, manipulate or otherwise modify photos as may be required to satisfy a particular order. If a product offered by the photography studio is not as described or pictured, your sole remedy is to return the product in unused condition for a refund within thirty (30) days of receipt.
In the event of an error, whether contained in the Services, in an order confirmation, in processing and order or otherwise, Cadam Photography reserves the right to correct such error and charge the correct price or cancel the order, and your sole remedy in the event of such error is to cancel your order.
This is a non-exclusive licence agreement between the licensor and licensee. The licensor shall not however enter into separate license agreements with third parties interested in using the same photographs.
Cadam Photography remains the sole owner of the images’ copyright. No transfer of intellectual property is made by this agreement. You will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions unless you notify us in writing within 5 days of receipt. No variation of these terms or conditions shall be effective unless agreed in writing. Licence for use of images
1) The alteration by whatever means of the whole or part of any image is strictly forbidden without our specific written permission.
2) Licence is granted wholly for personal use. Reproduction is granted within the scope of this agreement and the terms and conditions set out by Cadam Photography.
3) We make no claim or warranty with regard to your use of content, names, text or people depicted in any image and you will indemnify us in respect of any claims, damages, costs or expenses we incur arising from the use of any image supplied to you.
4) Reproduction rights unless otherwise agreed in writing are a) subject to these terms and conditions. b) personal to you and not assignable by you to any third party. c) non-exclusive reproduction rights for personal, unlimited use only in the United Kingdom. There is no time limit allocated under this agreement. ‘Unlimited,’ in this agreement means no limit on prints produced or reproductions. ‘Personal use,’ means, but is not limited to, the home, personal equipment and personal social media. d) If we agree that you may licence the use of any image to any third party, you shall enter into an agreement with such third party to ensure that they are bound by licence terms restricting copying, printing, copying, networking, multiple access or other use to personal use only, forbidding the assignment, resale, rental or alteration of the intellectual property holder.
5) You must credit the author as specified every time an image is used. Displaying the copyright holders’ logo fulfils this requirement.
6) Image usage limitations as specified are a) that no image shall be altered in any way, nor shall content be cropped, cut or changed in any manner different to how it was delivered. Exclusions apply only to social media or any digital form where images are automatically resized to fit their mediums’ specifications, providing that, the original uploaded image remains as original. b) prohibited from any form of commercial use, endorsement, advertising use or resale.
7) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit the jurisdiction of the English courts, such jurisdiction to be exclusive, save for infringement of copyright or non-payment of our invoices where it will be non-exclusive.